Official Launch of Final Placement Brochure 2010:
Hon. Minister Shri. Saurabhbhai Patel, Industry, Finance, Planning, Energy and Petrochemicals, Government of Gujarat, was the chief guest at the official launch of theme based ‘Placement Brochure 2010.’ He addressed professionals comprising of 41 corporate representatives, alumnus, students, media and trust officials. He appreciated the humble initiative and said, “The placement brochure 2010 of SVIM is precise and focused so far as environmental sensibility is concerned. If 5 crore people of state take just one step, it can go a long way. I believe that energy and water should be supplied together and distributing gas through pipe will reduce the carbon emission to much extent. Solar energy is creation of next big alternative for energy. The State of Gujarat in India is visualizing the power of solar energy and will invest huge amount in future to make Gandhinagar a model solar city.”
The Unassailable: National Summer Project Competition
About the event “The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Conquering becomes habit for some individuals and relentless working for the same becomes their rituals. “The Unassailable” has been deliberated for providing the platform to these budding professionals of M.B.A. Apart, summer project is the most valuable project for the students during their study of M.B.A The platform also provide the opportunity to the students of M.B.A. to prove their mettle in structured way. This may also enable the students to rectify their own mistake with canvass of management fundamentals. Diversified participants across India will aid the students in understanding the various companies and management issues of the relevance.
“The Unassailable – The National Summer Project Competition”, organized at our campus on 15th September, 2009. The participants from various states like Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh etc. competed for the title – The Unassailable.
Objectives of “The Unassailable”:
• To create an environment of interaction between MBA students and industries for mutual benefits
• To encourage MBA students to conduct innovative and high-quality summer project reports
• To provide a platform for a nationwide exposure of high-quality summer projects
• To gauge the talent across the nation
• To recognize and reward excellent projects by giving them prizes and awards
• To provide industries a consolidated single source of high-quality work done by MBA students.
Awards and Recognition:
• Ist Prize – Rs. 5000/- in Cash
• 2nd Prize – Rs. 3000/- in Cash
• 3rd Prize – Rs. 2000/- in Cash
• Five other participants who make a remarkable presentation will each be given a recognition certificate.
Number of Project Titles Nominated : 103
Number of Presentation on the day of event : 92
Number of Participants : 123
Number of Colleges Participated : 50
Number of States Participated : 04 (Gujarat (40), Rajasthan (03),Maharashtra (06), Uttar Pradesh (01)
Luminaries at the Inauguration function
Chairman of the trust : Shri M.M. Patel
Guest of Honour : Shri G.G. Trivedi, Executive Director – Somany Tiles
Chief Guest : Dr. B.A. Prajapati, Vice-Chancellor, VNS Gujarat University.
Campus Director : Dr. S. M. Shah
Director – MBA : Dr. J.J. Bhatt
Guest : Mr. Michael Black, American University Jury Members
1. Dr. Mahendra Sharma – Pro. Vice Chancellor, Ganapat University, Kherva.
2. Dr. Jagdish Joshipura – Director, SLIMS, Ahmedabad.
3. Prof. Nishith Bhatt – Head of the Department, SKSBM, Patan.
4. Dr. Jayashish Shetthi – Head of the Department, NSVKM, Visnagar.
5. Prof. B. K. Patel – Head of the Department, SPCE, Visnagar.
6. Mr. Ashok Solanki – HR Manager, TOI.
7. Mr. Poussin Punnose – Sr. Consultant, Infinium Solutionz.
8. Prof. Rajesh Patel – Asst. Professor, NSVKM, Visnagar.
9. Mr. Nikhil Vachhani – Regional Head, GE Capital
10. Mr. Nitin Navalpure – Accounts Manager, Cellebrum Technologies Ltd (Spice Mobile VAS)
11. Mr. Kunal Nayak – Manager, UTI.
12. Mr. Arunsingh Chaudhary - Branch Manager, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Corporation of India, Anand.
Winners of ‘The Unassailable’ – The National Summer Project Competition Sr. No: Project Title Name of the Participant(s) Name of the Institute
1 A Comprehensive Study On Affordable Housing In Mumbai City Mr. Ronak Doshi Bharati Vidyapeeth's Institute Of Management Studies And Research, Navi Mumbai
2 A Study Of Consumer Preference & Practices In IT Education Mr. Jaydeep Patadiya N.R. Institute of Business Management (GLS), Ahmadabad.
3 Customers Perception & Preference towards Branded Apparel Retail Chain with Specific Focus to Liverpool Ms. Lahoti Vinita & Ms. Vandana Shekhawat S. V. Institute of the Management
Event Management Study
In the current world one should have enough capacity to handle the events occurring in the day to day business activities. To gain the practical knowledge on the event management, a team of faculty accompanied the students of SVIM to Unjha to study “The Umiyamata Religious Gathering”, where the prominent newspaper of the state had covered the initiative of SVIM. We are the only management institute to have visited this gigantic religious gathering as a part of critical aspects of Event Management.
Advertisement Exhibition “Advertising and Society”
a. 2010: The advertisement exhibition was inaugurated by Hon. Minister Shri. Saurabhbhai Patel, Industry, Finance, Planning, Energy and Petrochemicals, Government of Gujarat, on 2nd February, 2010 and exhibition contains advertisements developed by the students of the institute on various social issues like Donate Blood, Stop Child Labor, Respect Woman, Save Environment etc. to name a few.
b. 2008: This time the theme for the advertisement conceived as “Advertising and Society”. The students has shown their great concern for the society by developing promos on the issues like Child Labor, No Smoking, Save Girl Child, Save Trees, Wear Helmet, Literacy Campaign, Visit Heritage Place “Gandhi Ashram” and Use Herbal Products. This exhibition was inaugurated by an eminent academician and legendary figure Prof. Atul Tandan. The exhibition visited by few renowned persons of advertising Industry, academicians and students from different B-Schools.
c. 2007: The students have shown their great concern for the society by developing promos on the issues like Eco-friendly fuels, Respect the woman, Renewable energy sources, Thalassemia, Global Worming, AIDS, No More Plastics, Child Marriage, Polio, Save Asiatic Lion, Save Water, No Smoking, Anti-Corruption. Which was inaugurated by Prof. Atul Tandan, Ex Director, MICA.
1. The Institute has organized state level seminar on “Paradigm shift of Indian Economy”: Accentuating of Opportunities and Challenges in 21st Century” Prominent speakers like Dr. D. M. Pestonji (IIM-A), Ex-Minister, Jaynarayan Vyas, Dr. Gavai from Cadila Pharmaceuticals attended and interacted with participants from various interest groups.
2. The institute has organized Seminar on “Contemporary issues in Media & Communication” Prominent speakers from academics and corporate delivered their addresses on concern issues. Prof. Atul Tandan from Mudra Institute of Communication (MICA) presided the function. Ms. Vibhuti Bhatt (CEO –One Advertising), Mr. Sanjay Chakraborty (Director – Brand Services- Triton Communications), Ms. Binita Parikh (Executive Producer Radio Mirchi) and Mr. Venkatesh Iyer (Branch Manager – The Hindu). More than 200 participants comprising students and faculty members of different B-Schools of Gujarat took part in the seminar. Eminent Speakers shared their knowledge about changing scenario in Media and Communication. Prof. Tandan discussed sea changes happened in Media & Communication in the arena. Ms. Vibhuti Bhatt discussed the breakneck growth of various media in terms of their proliferation in different regions. The story of strident success of Divya Bhaskar unveiled by Mr. Chakraborty. Ms. Binita Parikh discussed about paradigm shift of radio as a media of communication. Mr. Venkatesh Iyer threw light on key statistics of media Industry.
1. Workshop on Creativity in Advertising: In today’s complex business environment the ultimate aim of an organization is to build a brand by using creativity in marketing mix. Creativity involves breaking out the established pattern to look the things. Anyone can make the simple complicated but creativity is making the complicated simple. It is the ability in person to bring something new in to existence. For developing creativity skills in the budding managers, the institute had organized workshop on creativity in advertising, on November 24 -25, 2006. More than 150 delegates comprising students and faculty members of Management institutes of Gujarat had been participated in this workshop. The workshop has provided a first step toward self awareness and succeeded in extracting the creative ideas for advertisement of different products. This workshop was coordinated by NID graduate and Copy Writer Mr. Sukanto Roy from Radiant Convergence Media Pvt. Ltd.
2. In the year (2008) also, The Institute has organized workshop on Creativity in Advertising. All the students including finance specialization had participated. Students have come out with many creative ideas for advertisement of new products. This workshop was coordinated by Institute’s faculty members.
Study Groups & Industrial Projects:
Study groups are a significant part of education and learning. In the Institute, Study groups involve four to five students who work together for sharing information, knowledge, and expertise about a case, article, contemporary issues etc. The study group environment offers students an opportunity to engage in intense discussion about course material.
In a group of five students STP and Marketing Mix analysis has been done by the students. Students have analyzed product of the companies like Sony, Bajaj Auto, HUL, Parle, Nokia, LG, Nirma, Accenture, Hero Honda, Airtel, V- Mart, P&G, Dabur, Maruti, R&B, Lakme, ITC, Nestle, Amul, Havmore, Pepsi.
On 5th September 2004, the campus celebrated 'Teachers' Day' wherein 26 students took active part. The students took the charge of the campus and they managed the roles of director and staff. This experience of 'Learning to make others Learn' really excited the ambience.
Book A Month Forum:
Apart from the normal textbook knowledge, a student of professional programme requires overall exposure to develop oneself to totality. Precisely this is the objective for the 'Book A- Month' Forum initiated at the institute. The students and the coordinating faculty members conduct the activity in a way that enriches one and all.
In an attempt to keep the students constantly updating with what is happening at the frontier of the business and industry, the institute regularly organizes a Quiz Forum every month. This activity involves the students in a participative manner to sharpen their skills to keep themselves in touch with the happenings in the business and corporate world.
Cancer and Aids Awareness Day:
Being sensitive citizens of the society, the students of the campus observed 'Cancer and Aids Awareness Day' on 9th December 2004. During the day, regional representative of the Cancer and Aids foundation was invited at the campus to deliver a lecture on the subject and the students took the oath to eliminate this deadly disease from the society.
Inter College Cricket Tournament:
A fortnight long cricket fever caught the campus during November 2004 in its grip when the students of MBA, MCA, PGDCA and BCA put on white cloths to venture in the green field. The exciting tournament completed with BCA team lifting the victory cup.
In the fast changing economy, the need to learn about operation and analysis of different industries is accentuated. To accomplish this requirement, the coordinating faculty members assign particular industry to a group of students. The students use various analytical models to analyze the industry and present the fruitful conclusion to the jury of faculty members and fellow students. It turns out to be very enriching experience for all.
Taking a little time away from the routine, the students celebrated a series of 'FunDays'. During this weeklong celebration, the students enjoyed 'Black & White day', 'Jeans Day', 'Twins Day', 'Traditional Day', 'Rose Day' and the sweet 'Chocolate Day'. Colorful dresses and smiling faces really lifted the mood of the campus.
Most of the students being 'Gujarati' on the campus, they could not restrain their zeal during the Navaratri festival and the campus came again in the vibrant mood with the students organizing 'Garba Mahotsava' on 5th Navaratri day. The beats of music mixed with Masti and shadows of sparkling light aroused the true cultural spirit of the students.
SVIM's Movie Club:
The Institute also runs Movie Club; which includes entertainment movies, documentary films & speech of eminent personalities which comprises the areas like mythology, communication, politics, cultural issues etc. The selection of movie is based on the themes like contemporary issues, learning lessons from the people who excel in their fields and strategic issues which help the individual to confront the real life situation.
All work and no fun make the life monotonous. Once in a year, picnic is organized at exotic locations of Mt. Abu, Udaipur, Diu etc. to rejuvenate the promising professionals and memories are cherished for long time.